Best time of day to move offices
Almost every business owner will, at some point, consider relocating their offices to the new location as a way to expand. This is an important step you’ll have to make in order to help your company grow and become stronger. However, office relocations need to be handled with extra care if you don’t want to put everything you’ve built and worked for at risk. This is why these relocations need to be organized and the moving date needs to be carefully chosen. We wanted to help you move your offices with ease and that’s why we’ve prepared this guide for you. By reading it, you’ll learn how to organize your move and when it’s the best time of day to move offices. Therefore, buckle up and keep reading to learn more!
Things to consider when choosing the best time to move offices
As soon as you find the best office space for your company, you’ll have to start planning the move. Since business relocations are a little bit tricky, the entire process needs to be seamlessly organized. And that’s exactly why you need to carefully choose the time for the big move. After all, you don’t want to put your business in danger just because you’ve chosen the wrong period of the year to move. To avoid this worst-case scenario, let’s find out which are the most important things you should consider when choosing the moving date.
- Project timeliness – Ideally, the best time to move an office is during the offseason. During this period you won’t be as busy as usual so you’ll have just enough time to organize the relocation.
- Weather – Whether you need to move your household or offices, the weather can make the move more challenging. Moving during the colder months is something you should avoid if you can. Snow, ice, rain can slow down the move and even put it in danger.
- Family – If you have kids, you’ll have to take them into consideration when moving offices. Keep in mind that the transition will be less stressful for them if you move during the summer months, before the beginning of a new school year.
Best times for office move in terms of convenience and costs
As you probably already know, your relocation costs will vary based on the time you choose for moving. Knowing this is important if you plan to hire Bergenfield NJ movers to help you out with the move. There are some parts of the year when movers are busier. So, if you decide to move during the busy season, you’ll have to pay more for the move. This is why it’s important to understand how moving costs change. So, here’s a couple of information that you’ll find useful.
- Season – If you want to save money on your move, choose to move during late fall, winter, or early spring.
- Month – Most entrepreneurs choose to move during late September or April.
- Week of the month – If your schedule is flexible enough, choose to move during the mid-month. Moving at the beginning or at the end of the month will be pricier.
What is the best time of day to move offices?
So, you’ve learned when is the best time of the year to relocate your business at affordable rates. But, what is the best time of day to move offices? Well, it depends. Not all companies have the same working hours. Therefore, there isn’t only one correct answer to this question. So, you’ll need to think carefully when you’ll get business relocation services NJ. In order to help you make the decision easier, here are the two most popular options among people who need to relocate their offices.
- Moving after working hours
- Moving early in the morning
If you don’t want to deal with movers during the working hours, tell them to come after you and your employees finish the work for that day. Relocating after working hours will help you focus only on the move without being distracted. You will also be able to coordinate and motivate your employees during the move and have a stress-free relocation.
Starting early will give you just enough time to relocate all of your office equipment to the new location. You won’t have to hurry since you’ll have the whole day in front of you. This is exactly why people who relocate choose this part of the day. And if you’re productive enough, your move will be over in no time!
How to have a simple and successful office move?
So, you’ve found out when is the best time of day to move offices. But, there’s more to learn about business relocations if you don’t want to deal with problems on the day of the big move.
- Planning the move. In order to have a smooth business relocation, you’ll need to start planning it in advance. This way, in case you need to find a business storage NJ for your move, you’ll have just enough time to get one.
- Finding help. Moving on your own is possible, but it’s so much easier to move when you have moving professionals by your side. Movers are experienced and will know how to help you have a stress-free office move.
- Staying on schedule. If you don’t want to put your business in danger during the move, plan it carefully and stick to the moving plan. There’s no room for mistakes nor problems.
- Notifying your loyal customers. Last but not least is to inform all of your clients and customers that your business will change its address. Make sure to notify them on time! Trust us, there’s nothing worse than losing some of the most loyal clients because you’ve forgotten to notify them about the relocation.