Packing your Garfield home for moving
Are you thinking about moving your Garfield home? If so, you will want to prepare for it properly! In order to help you out, we have decided to create a guide that will make one of the most challenging parts of your move simpler. Of course, we are talking about packing your Garfield home! Therefore, if you want to learn how to take care of this task with no problems along the way, we strongly advise you to keep reading this guide. Trust us, you will learn some simple packing tips that will most definitely be of use to you.
Start to plan the process of packing your Garfield home way in advance
So, you are here to learn how to pack your household like a pro? Well, let’s start from the beginning. When it comes to moving, one of the first things you will need to do is to come up with a moving plan. The simplest thing you can do is to make a moving checklist way ahead of time. Trust us, a moving checklist will make the whole relocation so much easier since you will have everything planned and written down. Therefore, don’t be lazy and make one for your upcoming move. You should write down all of the things you will have to take care of before the relocation. Here are some of them:
- Determine the moving date. You should choose it wisely!
- Determine the moving budget. By doing this you will know how much you can spend on the relocation.
- Hire movers on time. Whether you need to hire local, long-distance, or college movers NJ, it is very important to hire them at least a couple of weeks before the move.
- Plan the packing process. Determine when is the best time to start packing your Garfield home, where you will look for packing supplies, and so on. And remember – there is nothing worse than starting to pack on the day before the move!
- Notify the most important people that you will be changing your address. This is especially important when relocating a company! Both your customers and partners will want to know about your move in advance.
Call in the troops
Whether you decide to hire movers Garfield NJ or not, you will need help if you want to take care of this tiring task as quickly as possible. It is a good idea to ask a couple of your friends to help you out with some other pre-move tasks. You and your movers can pack your household while your friends take care of your kids, pets, or do other chores. All of you should sit down and plan the days before the move together!
Declutter your home before you start to pack
So, you have created a moving plan, found help… now what? Well, it is time to declutter before you start packing your Garfield home for the move. This is one of the most important steps of every relocation and you shouldn’t skip it at any cost! Here is a thing – we all have homes that are drowning in items we don’t use. Even though the last time we have used some item was a couple of years ago, we still decide to keep them. But why?
It seems like we are attached to everything we own, for no reason. However, now you will have the chance to get rid of everything you are not using! Once you start to pack your home for the move, you should separate the items you want to move from those you are not using anymore. You might feel overwhelmed by doing this, but hey, no one said you will be throwing these things in the trash! You can donate them to someone in need or organize a yard sale and earn a couple of bucks. The choice is yours!
Gather the necessary packing materials
In order to pack like a pro, you will have to gather packing materials of the highest quality! Only these supplies will be able to keep your items safe and secure during transportation to your new home. Keep in mind that you will need to get moving boxes in various sizes that are not damaged. Even if they are slightly damaged, don’t use them! At least don’t use them as containers for your belongings. They can be great protection for your floors and wall corners.
Another thing you should do is consider using alternatives to traditional packing materials. If you want to save some money on packing your Garfield home but still pack properly, use alternatives. For example, you can use blankets, towels, laundry baskets, suitcases, and other items you already have in your home.
Learn the most important rules for packing your Garfield home hassle-free
There is nothing worse than finding out your favorite vase hasn’t survived the move! Here are a couple of tips that will help you avoid this scenario.
- Don’t overload moving boxes, especially if you are using those that are made of cardboard.
- Use plastic containers for packing delicate and fragile items.
- Label all of your boxes on at least two sides.
- Disassemble big and bulky furniture before moving it.
- Keep all screws and bolts in zip-lock bags to avoid losing them.
- Leave the lifting to your movers – they know how to lift heavy items without putting your back and your belongings at risk.
When in doubt, hire Moving of America!
There you have it – these are the most important tips you will want to follow for packing your Garfield home for the move. And in case you find this to be too much for you to handle, worry not! Moving of America will gladly take care of your move! Apart from many other moving services, we offer to all of you our packing and unpacking service NJ. So, forget about spending hours while packing your belongings and instead let our pros take care of it. We will do it gladly!