Residential moves are the first type of relocations that professional movers got their hands on before the industry started growing. Also, this is one of the most common ways that businesses enter the market. Companies start by taking care of the small relocations. Residential moves can be some of the smallest and the simplest. Relocating a family is far different from conducting a commercial move. While there are more people being affected by the move when corporate relocations take place, family moves are always more personal. The main difference between various family moves represents the sheer fact that families come in various shapes and sizes. Some may consist of parents and three kids. Other times, grandparents are members of the family too. Very often pets need relocating as well. Therefore, today we are going to take a look at the best practices in regards to moving with pet birds. Continue reading “Tips for moving with pet birds”
Tag: long distance moving companies
Interstate moving checklist – tips and tricks
Have you ever given it a thought as to why interstate moves are always portrayed as a nightmare? Well, the answer is quite simple, really. When moving long distance, you will have to relocate all of the possessions you have all the way to another state. Unlike a local NJ move, where you can make a couple of trips to your new home and, for example, relocate your items over a few weekends, you won’t be able to do so for an interstate relocation. So, in order for everything to go according to plan, you will need a checklist. Your interstate moving checklist will be the only guide you’ll need in the days to come. To make it easier to create one, we’ve composed a list of our own. These are the entries you should have on your checklist. Take a look!
What should your interstate moving checklist cover?
Make no mistake – we can only cover so much in one article and your list should be much more extensive than this. Besides, what you need may vary than what the next person needs. But, there are some things every household should pay attention to during such a move, and we will cover them and make sure you don’t forget something important.
1. Visit your new home
You can’t very well move without knowing what the new place is like, can you? That’s why the first item on your moving checklist should be to visit your new home. Granted, it’s not as easy as if you were moving locally. But, you should still move some things around and clear your schedule for at least a weekend. Once at the new location, try to get to know it as much as possible! Remember, you’ll be moving here soon, so it won’t be time wasted!
2. Create a budget
Fun fact – according to many relevant sources, American Moving & Storage Association being one of them, an average price for an interstate move is $4,300. Of course, that doesn’t mean that will be the price of your move, too. It can be much lower or much higher, for that matter. But what does matter is that you can clearly see this will not be a cheap endeavor. For that reason, you will have to plan out your budget – and stick to it. So, sit down with your family, and decide on the best course of action for you!
3. Hire professional movers
Don’t be fooled into thinking that an interstate relocation can be done without the right amount of help. Do you really think you will be able to pack up everything, load the moving truck, drive it to another state and all of that in one go? But, that will be just another day at the office for the best moving companies NJ has to offer. In order to lock in the best movers, you will have to act on time. Start your search for the best long distance movers at least two months before the moving date and avoid all and any problems.
4. Research schools
Unless you are moving without kids, this is not an entry you’ll need on your interstate moving checklist. But, since most families do relocate with kids, we had to mention it. A good while before your moving date, you should research the schools in the new area. Of course, it all starts by buying a house in a good school district. Once you find a good candidate, contact the new school and have the school records transferred. Also, make sure that the school is ready for your child’s arrival, which you will do by simply giving them a call.
5. Create a packing strategy
Now, this will be an important one. Arguably, the most difficult part of any relocation is the packing process. Unless you opt for packing services with your movers, be they movers Fort Lee NJ or Oakland moving professionals, you will have to pack by yourself. And the only way to pack correctly is by creating a solid strategy. It’s a good rule of thumb to start with the items you use the least and work your way towards the daily used ones. Of course, you will and should start packing the former a month before the move and end with packing the latter in the days leading up to your relocation.
6. Remember to transfer your utilities
What would be worse – having to pay for utilities you didn’t use or sitting in your new home without cable/internet? Well, both of these things will happen unless you remember to transfer your utilities in due time. Remember that this is not to be left for the last few days, quite the contrary. You should deal with it at least three weeks ahead of your move.
7. Take care of your pet
If you are a pet owner, you have a big responsibility during relocation. You have to ensure your pet finds a way on your interstate moving checklist. Not only will you have to prepare your pet for a move and find someone to look after him on the day of your relocation, but you will also have to find a vet at the new place. You never know when a health emergency will happen.
Once again, your interstate moving checklist can contain as many entries as you see fit. And you can be as thorough and elaborate as you want, as there is no such thing as overdoing it when making a checklist. But these seven entries should make their way on your checklist, assuming you have pets and kids. What’s left to say is good luck! Going through an interstate move won’t be easy, but we are sure you’ll be able to do it!
Reasons to relocate your business to NJ
How well has your home state been treating your business? Have you received any incentives when you needed them? Also, how easy or difficult is it for you to find well educated young people to fill the needs of your company? There is one state that can answer these and many more questions. Bear with us and find out the reasons to relocate your business to NJ. By the time you are done reading this article, hopefully, you will start seriously thinking about how and when you could start with your move. After all, the aim of this article is to get you familiar with the business culture in New Jersey. It is our goal to get you involved with our wonderful state. We wish the best for our fellow citizens. Also, we are confident that they and the state of NJ have a lot to offer in return. Continue reading “Reasons to relocate your business to NJ”
Planning A Move This Summer – Tips You Should Abide By
When it comes to moving a house from one country to another, most people lay emphasis over the internal factors such as move related finances, fast approaching deadlines, general organization and finding the best international shipping company. Very few people think about the influential external factor – the perfect season for the residential move and how it will affect their decision-making process and the overall outcome of their moving adventure.
Summer is considered to be the most popular season for people to move, the movers can come across many pleasant and unpleasant surprises. Take a closer look at the top tips for moving in the summer and witness how a single smart summer moving choice of yours can tip the scales in your favor. Learn the best way to prepare for a summer move so that you benefit greatly from your ultimate decision to move during the peak moving season.
WHY SHOULD YOU MOVE IN THE SUMMER? There are an associated number of benefits with moving house in summer which cannot be easily disregarded. If you plan to schedule your move date somewhere during the summer season, or if you have already done that, do not regret your decision because of the:
- Favorable Climatic Conditions: The weather is actually pleasant in summer for there is the lack of snow and ice. The sub-zero temperatures automatically turn your moving project a few degrees safer and more efficient than the cold months. However, the summer weather too can be rather unpredictable, heavy rain, extreme heat or even storms can occur anytime.
- More Free Time: Majority of people spend their vacation days and remain away from work in the summer months, so you’ll have more time to organize and possibly even execute a house move. Also, moving in the summer means more friends or relatives willing to give you a hand.
- School: Summer is considered to be the most opportune moment for families with children to move to a new city with minimum disruption of the academic year.
PLANNING IS EVERYTHING – Irrespective of which season you choose for the move, timely organization is the most important factor to consider. The fact is, if you desire a hassle-free summer move, then you have to plan and execute your steps carefully from Day 1 until the last day.
Make sure that the best international shipping company that you will hire is available during the time you are planning to move. The creation of a moving checklist is more than just a good idea for it plays the vital role in the success of your moving operation. If you have a moving timeline at your disposal, it will help you to:
- organize each hour of each day you do packing during the peak moving season;
- avoid the build-up of the notorious moving stress simply by assuring you that you’re right on schedule.
- distribute your tasks in a way that makes perfect sense for you, and thus aid you in completing them one after the other without wasting any precious time.
WHAT’S YOUR BUDGET? Professional moving companies tend to levy more charges during the summer season. As a result, one should absolutely learn how to manage the finances as it might happen that where you were supposed to spend less, you will end up spending more or vice versa. And the best way to keep a check over it is to set a moving budget.
Have a rough estimation of just how much money you will need for your summer house move as it will not only get you mentally ready for what’s coming but will also alert you that you haven’t saved enough for the challenge ahead. And if that is the case, then you still have good options ahead of you:
- consider resorting to non-professional assistance as far as packing and unpacking is concerned
- look for various ways to further bring down the moving price quoted by your moving company
- explore alternative funding options such as selling some of your items prior to the move.
YOU MUST CALL FOR HELP – In most of the relocation cases, moving a house is a stressful affair, in the summer month, it’s no exception. Moreover, moving during the peak season will present more challenging situations due to the increased expenses, tougher choices of trustworthy professionals, and possible scheduling problems.
Therefore, it is highly recommended to hire the services of the best international shipping company in New York, for they can make a big difference in the course of the entire move. Trained professionals will handle the difficult details of your summer move with an enviable speed, and most importantly – with an excellent level of safety both for your prized possessions and your property.
To execute a hassle free move, seek professional guidance and assistance from the experienced team of Moving of America – the best international shipping company in New York. Lastly, summer weather is notorious for changing too quickly, so make sure you keep a check.
Easy Ways To Survive Your Office Move in New York
Moving your business to a new location can be challenging. Hiring the best business mover in New York offering reliable moving services and being clear about the exact activities you need to perform are crucial for your success. That is why its highly recommended to seek help from a reliable and experienced commercial mover just like Moving of America to receive important advice from a team of experts.
1. CHOICE OF MOVERS – The most vital decision to take is to choose a professional business mover. Get at least three quotes from different moving companies. Keep in mind the majority of moving companies offer reliable residential moves and provide occasional commercial moving services. Moving of America in New York has successfully completed many commercial moves. The team of experts has knowledge of many local office buildings and their policies and requirements. Moving of America also provides on-site quotes, ensuring there are no “hidden surprises” after an estimate is given.
Moving your office might look like a difficult task to do, but once you have made a good plan and finalized the mover, all you need to do is to break down your plan in few simple steps for effective results:
- START PLANNING EARLY: The earlier you begin your preparation, the better and smoother the moving process will be.
- HAVE A REALISTIC APPROACH: Before implementing any business relocation plan, be clear about why you are moving your business. It would be better if you have clearer idea about whether or not you want to merge departments, hire more people or lower the rent of the new premises. All of these information would help you prepare the business moving plan.
- PREPARE COMMERCIAL MOVING PLAN: Prepare business moving checklist that contains the tasks to be done, a deadline and any other special conditions that apply.
- KNOW WHAT YOU WANT: Be ready with the answers to the key questions for your move – knowing precisely what you want will help you get it much more easily.
- KEEP ALL THE RECEIPTS of the move – you may be able to deduct some of the expenses from your taxes.
2. MOVING PHYSICAL ITEMS – The storage units and the office furniture are usually too big and heavy, hence it becomes hard to handle them especially through doors and on stairways. If you move them yourself it might end in physical injuries or your landlord may levy penalties if floors and walls got damaged. Professional business movers like us have the right equipment, specialized items like door jamb protectors along with expert personnel to ensure that the furniture is moved safely.
However, sensitive equipment such as medical equipment, scientific equipment, air-conditioning equipment, scanners, printers, IT equipment, and many others needs to be well handled and carefully packed, loaded, unloaded and installed. Below are enlisted few things that need to be taken care of while shipping such sensitive equipment:
- Organize and manage the work to be done
- Look for one of the best business movers in New York, those who can handle
the sensitive equipment with utmost care
- Get a free non-obligation certificate and quote
- Arrange the services that you want for your sensitive tools and
INSURANCE & VALUATION – Moving of America issues Certificate of Insurance to its clients free of cost. Most commercial buildings require Insurance Certificate prior to any work performed on the premises. We maintain a substantial amount of insurance for our client’s peace of mind. We provide three types of valuation coverage:
Option 1: Per Pound Per Article Basic Valuation Coverage: This type of evaluation is provided at no additional cost to our clients. In such type of valuation, if the item gets lost or damaged, the total amount that the client is liable to recover is $0.60 per pound per article.
Option 2: Additional Valuation Coverage: In such type of valuation, the client has to declare a lump sum value for the entire shipment if he/she wishes to pay only the depreciated value of the damaged or lost items. This type of valuation is offered at an extra charge of $0.80 per $100 of declared value.
Option 3: Full Replacement Value Coverage: In this type of valuation, a third moving insurance company, offers full replacement value directly to our clients. This coverage option is more involved and needs to be obtained prior to the actual move date. It is much more like a comprehensive coverage than Valuation, and generally, offers more options such as deductible levels and higher coverage.
You are the expert in your business, business movers in New York are the experts in theirs. Let Moving of America make your office move a seamless, stress-free success.