Choosing the college that you’re going to enroll can easily prove to be the turning point in your life. Make the right choice and you will see yourself blooming. However, make a wrong choice and you can spend the rest of your under the shadow of this lone, but a wrong decision. To help you make the right decision in regards to what college you are going to attend, you need to find out as much as you can about what is offered in your state. On the other hand, bear in mind that there are wonderful places to learn outside of your state too. Therefore, not only should you get information on them, but you should make sure to take some of them into account when choosing the place where you’re going to continue your education after school. So, we present you with the best colleges in New Jersey. Continue reading “Best colleges in New Jersey”
Tag: school moving services
Importance of School Furniture in Student Performance and Success
School is the foremost fountain of knowledge where children get the chance to learn and explore various fields of education. Along with highly qualified teachers and basic amenities, school furniture also play a vital role in creating an effective learning environment.
If you too are planning to upgrade school furniture and renovate older buildings instead of building entirely new facilities, then you might require movers and packers to shift old school furniture, library books and other equipment of the classrooms from one place to another. Moving of America specializes in providing professional school moving services. We have experienced packers and movers and latest equipment to complete every move. Our moving professionals have decades of experience in all kinds of moves, including schools.
Below are enlisted the factors that are currently being given top priority when it comes to considering the upgrade of furniture and equipment in the classroom.
- ERGONOMICS – Ergonomics means the science of work. It has been a key criteria in creating learning environment that keeps students focused and comfortable. Earlier people used to think that too much of physical movement in classrooms results in the loss of focus. However, later it was revealed that providing flexible furniture supports the body’s natural inclination to shift and vary postures. So, it’s highly recommended to equip school classrooms with ergonomically beneficial furniture to allow physical movement of students while sitting on their desks and tables.
- FLEXIBLE FURNITURE TO ACCOMMODATE DIFFERENT TEACHING AND LEARNING STYLES – With each passing day, new pedagogies are emerging up thus making the classrooms look more dynamic. School furniture also needs to be responsive in order to support dynamic classrooms. Furniture should be easily reconfigured to support a variety of group sizes and enable better interaction and collaboration. Use furniture which can easily accommodate different teaching and learning styles. Easily movable and adjustable furniture provides a variety of configurations for group learning.
- STUDENT COMFORT AND NEEDS – With a wide range of ages, the furniture used in the classrooms must have the flexibility to adapt to different comfort levels of students. This is because more than one-third of children and teens studying in schools are overweight or obese, and it becomes difficult for them to fit into traditional school desks. If schools equip their classrooms with adjustable tables and chairs, students are able to adjust easily and pay more attention to their studies.
- FORMS OF FURNITURE – There are many education programs that require real world learning environment. Nowadays, hands-on-learning classrooms are very much popular as they help students develop the practical skills needed for their career. For instance, a student role-playing in a clinical situation optimally should have furniture and equipment that is similar to what they will be using in universities. School library should also have flexible furniture to support multiple learning styles. You can read our blog “How to Create the 21st-Century Library Before You Move” to get an idea about how library furnishings can turn it into an interactive learning space.
In tough economic times, renovating a facility might not be an option, but upgrading school furniture can be a feasible option to recreate classroom space. So, if you are planning to upgrade school infrastructure to give your school classrooms an all new look, you will surely require professional school moving services from a reputable company that can carry out the process to pack, shift and unpack the school furniture in a hassle-free way. Moving of America is the most trusted school mover in New York and New Jersey. We have highly-skilled professionals who can disassemble, move, and assemble school furniture in the most professional manner. Moving of America also provides safe and secure, climate controlled storage facility if in case you need to store the furniture or library books for short-term basis.
How to Create the 21st-Century Library Before You Move
A library is a storehouse of knowledge. Libraries provide free education and entertainment as per the interest to the masses, be it a student, lawyer, a working professional or a common society person. If you’re planning to move your library to an altogether new location, you will surely be in need of professional library movers. You can rely on the professional team of experts of your local mover to shift thousands or millions of books, plus shelving and furniture, without a single damage. In case you are getting your library renovated to create an atmosphere where the readers can concentrate more and get distracted less, then you need temporary storage solution. You can ask your local library mover to provide state-of-the-art storage solution for your need. However, before moving your library to a new location or renovating it to make it suitable for today’s rapidly changing digital world, look for the latest trends in the library setting (mentioned below) that are very much in demand nowadays.
- SPACE SHOULD BE FLEXIBLE – Nowadays, students need to learn how to formulate meaningful questions, lawyers require a wide variety of resources in their research to win a particular case, and working professionals need to demonstrate their understanding in new ways. This is the reason why every library should have a flexible learning space that can support multiple learning styles. Learning models are changing, and libraries need to take the lead. They need to embrace the same logic and change their setting to reflect the way learners prefer to learn. Flexibility is vital; traditional library furniture can be cumbersome and make multiple seating configurations impossible. When planning a new library or renovating an existing one, be sure it is coupled with new technology and tools that can spark innovative ideas for interactive learning spaces.
- DONT TURN IT INTO A WAREHOUSE – Printed books are still an essential reading tool. Traditional books are a valuable resource that can enrich every reader’s learning experience. However, you must put an end to warehousing books and start merchandising them. This can be done by making the books and magazines visible to students by taking advantage of displays, mobile fixtures, signage, and lighting.
While you’re breathing new life into your library, don’t shy away from adding eBooks and digital reading devices. Today’s digital natives have become used to reading virtually everything online, so libraries must provide digital reading materials/eBooks for them, otherwise they will just stop using the library altogether.
- DONT SACRIFICE WITH LIVABILITY – While making sure that the interior is eye-captivating, you have to also ensure that your library space is energetic. An inviting space helps readers gather information more efficiently and exchange ideas with others. You can make the new library space as attractive as you can, but it will be of no value if it doesn’t meet the taste and preferences of the readers. If it is a public library, then add coffee tables and scores of lounge chairs. School libraries can integrate technology to better engage students. Incorporate iPads, Nooks, e-readers, flat screens, even some video games into your school library to enrich students’ reading, thinking and research skills. Even at home, a pristine living room isn’t used for studying; it’s a nice spot to relax and entertain guests. A library is altogether a different working environment for avid readers, so make your home library a wonderful place where you can gather a lot of information, and at the same time, make it beautiful that encourages you to work.
If you are moving to a new space or constructing a new one, do keep these things in mind and plan your library space by listing and prioritizing important activities and desired outcomes. You need to articulate the culture you want people to see when they walk into your library. Whatever you do, don’t let the furniture become the main topic of conversation or dictate the space’s culture.
Moving a library requires great skill and experience, and Moving of America is proud to be one of the leading library movers in New Jersey and New York. Working with us, library administrators can focus solely on their vision for a new space, because they know that we will handle the gritty details. Most importantly, we will care for their books as much as they do, whether they want to move their library or need temporary storage solution during library renovation.
Frequently Asked Questions when Moving
Moving can be one of the hardest projects someone can partake in. Moving can be stressful but it doesn’t have to be so anymore. Information is key especially when dealing with a long distance or a local moving service. The most important key to success is understanding the relocation process. Google any and all questions that you may have, assuring you comfort and perspective along with information. During your moving service, there will be plenty of questions you will want to ask. The most common questions are very basic and everyone should know before the move takes place. We’ve selected the top FAQ that will assist you.
What’s the price of my move?
This is perhaps the most common ones of all moving company FAQ. Identifying your financial position and the budget you set for yourself, will determine the Moveview™ that you will decide to adhere too.
Determining the budget you set for your moving will define when you will move (when you will have sufficient funds to do it), what you will move (the more things you want to take, the higher the cost for the relocation), what moving crew you will hire (the more the moving men, the higher the moving cost), etc.
That is why understanding what forms the cost of your relocation is so important. There are several factors that mainly determine the cost of your move: the distance (locally or long distance), the amount and type of things to take (for example, moving larger furniture may be more costly), the services you want to use removals for and the prices of the moving company.
This is what you need in order to be able to estimate moving costs.