Are you planning on moving out of your apartment? Do you find that the more you think about it, the more you think it sounds like a real hassle?
You’re not wrong: The prospect of all that climbing, heavy furniture carrying, and going up and down is enough to make anyone feel anxious. Whether you’re moving around the corner or across the country, don’t worry. The apartment movers from our professional apartment moving companies can help you every step of the way.
With one of the best apartment moving companies like Moving of America on your side, you won’t have to lift a finger because our apartment movers are here for you. We’ll help you relocate with a smile on your face! So, wait no more and give our team at Moving of America a call today! Our local and long-distance apartment movers are experts at turning relocation into a positive experience.
Why Hire Professional Apartment Moving Companies Instead of Moving Yourself?
Packing everything you own to relocate to a new place can be a great adventure — and a huge undertaking. Just as you look forward to getting established in your new home, you know there are many tasks between now and then. From finding boxes to hauling them all into a truck to carrying heavy furniture to unpacking in your new place, there’s a lot to think about and do.
If you go it alone, you have to bear the brunt of this stress and its untold consequences on yourself and your household. Many people consider moving to be one of the most stressful experiences in life! This is why it pays to hire apartment movers from the best apartment moving companies.
If you take advantage of professional apartment moving companies, you don’t have to put yourself through the chaos and pressures of moving alone. Residential apartment movers with years of experience can simplify and streamline your transition. In fact, based on your specific situation and needs, they can formulate a plan that helps you minimize problems and costs. The benefit of hiring professionals is having a smoother, more enjoyable moving experience.
Why Hire Moving of America?
Founded in 2007, Moving of America is a friendly, licensed and insured moving company that handles local, long-distance and commercial moves every day. We’re a family-owned company with deep roots in the Tri-State area, licensed by the New York State Department of Transportation for local intrastate moves; the New Jersey Board of Movers and Warehousemen for NJ local intrastate moves; and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration for long-distance interstate moves.
Customers choose us to get a positive moving experience led by reliable local apartment movers who are driven to exceed your expectations. We are honest, transparent, supportive and experienced. We offer prices you can afford. When your moving day approaches, you’ll be glad you have one of the best apartment moving companies on your side!
How Can You Prepare for Moving Day?
First, try to book your apartment movers as early as possible, especially if you’re planning to move during the busiest time of year, which is summer. At the least, schedule your moving day a full week in advance. Here are a few other important tips:
- Get your new renters’ insurance lined up: Once you know when you’re moving, talk to your insurance company about what date to end your current policy and start the new one (on your scheduled move-in day). Should anything unexpected happen — from property damage to a fire — you want to be covered for the financial burden.
- Confirm your move-in date: Double-check with your landlord to confirm the date you can access your new home. Should this date end up changing for any reason, contact your apartment movers right away to schedule a new date.
- Get keys and important information: Find out when you will be receiving keys to your new apartment, and make sure you get them before move-in day. You don’t want to end up in a situation where the apartment movers arrive and you can’t access the building. Likewise, find out which entrances/elevators should be used, where to park the moving truck, if there’s a service elevator, etc. Getting all these information ahead of time can save you a lot of stress.
What Other Tips Can Help You Enjoy a Smooth, Successful Move?
- Know what you’re moving: Most movers will give you an estimate on costs based on information you provide, so the accuracy of your inventory will determine the accuracy of your quote. Typically, you’ll have time to solidify this information; Moving of America gives you up to five days before move-in day to adjust your inventory details.
- Know about logistical challenges: Think carefully about any potential issues that could lead to upcharges. For example, are there multiple flights of stairs? Will movers need to carry furniture a long distance from the truck to your apartment door? The more information you can provide, the better.
- Provider proper payment info: Typically, movers require partial or total payment before your move-in day. At Moving of America, for example, we charge 100% of your final quote 48 hours before the actual move. To ensure everything goes smoothly, make sure you’ve provided accurate payment information.
- Pack an overnight bag: That first night in your new place, you might not be able to unpack all the various boxes that hold kitchen supplies, toiletries, clothes, etc. Make sure you set up an overnight bag that has essentials.
- Label everything: The better you label your boxes, the easier it will be to put everything in its proper place.
Like many events in life, moving is as stressful as you allow it to be — but with proper preparation and the assistance of a skilled team from the best apartment moving companies, you can enjoy a smoother, safer process. Check out our full list of moving tips here!
Are you planning an apartment move sometime soon? Let our movers handle every hard task that comes your way, so you’re free to enjoy your new beginning!
Call us for a free long distance moving estimate or request a quote online. CALL NOW